Tuesday, April 9, 2013

cherry blossom festival // 2013


After three straight days of walking to the Tidal Basin from Arlington Cemetery, our persistence finally paid off. Not exaggerating, all these trees bloomed overnight, but they were worth the wait- look how gorgeous they all are! & I have to admit, I'm selfishly glad they waited until a weekday to show off their blooms, because their beauty is more enjoyable when there's room to move about {but for all those who planned their vacation around these fickle trees, I really hate it if you missed them}. Now that I've experienced my first Cherry Blossom Festival, I can see what all the hype is all about. Springtime in DC really is quite beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. These are the most beautiful photos ever! I can't imagine how it looked in person. Totally jealous :)

    xo, Megan
    indie flower

    ReplyDelete