Friday, September 21, 2012

It's not you, it's me


It's finally starting to look and feel like fall around here, and I'm totally lovin' it (Isn't it sad that I actually thought of the McDonald's "I'm lovin' it" campaign after typing that? Oh corporate America, ruining our thoughts and now making us think of yummy hot fries. Do not get distracted... Keep reading and consider taking a run after finishing this post). 

I saw these lovely flowers outside our local Wegman's (code word: AWESOME grocery store, beating Whole Foods any day), and if I wanted to be cruel, I would have purchased them. You see, I suffer from the occasional black thumb, and the likelihood that these beautiful mums would have survived long term in my care are slim-to-none at the moment. I blame the fact that our "balcony" is barely 2 feet deep, so I can't step out and enjoy the flowers or really even see them everyday (Check back with me in about 10 years and see if I have killed our plants when we live in a house). So until then, I might have to avoid the garden section at the grocery store. It's not you, it's me...

In other news:
  • Fingers crossed, husband and I have applied for our next apartment, and we're really excited about it (and obviously hopeful that it'll be ours)! Not too sure about the timeline, but if we hear good news, you'll be sure to know; otherwise, don't ask... 
  • This weekend we're embracing our Virginia residency and incredible weather and hitting up an orchard to pick our own apples. Being the fruit-lover that I am, let's just say this has been on my to-do list since before we were married... 
  • I have survived the first two weeks of getting back into a weight room without any embarrassing tales to tell (thank ya very much), but plenty of sore muscles to go around.
  • While watching Grimm last night, a small spider lowered itself from my ceiling. What perfect timing you have Spinnetod-wannabe. I promptly grabbed my running shoe and killed it once it landed on the floor.
  • Today marks the 5 month anniversary of taking on a husband and a new name, and I have loved every day of it!
  • Husband and I will be cheering on our Dawgs from afar this weekend (ha, when have we not?) and pulling for a 4-0 record at the conclusion of our game versus South Alabama.
  • And if you need a good laugh and have missed the coverage on the Apple iOS6 maps mistakes, please hop on over here

1 comment:

  1. Really... the 5th month? Are you coming home for Auburn game (yes, I know your heart is with the Dogs but the Tigers do call your name even if it is Berry now!)? Inquiring minds and all that. Niecie :-)

    ReplyDelete